Rowdy Mermaid Asian Noodle Bowl Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the Noodle Bowl
1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
¼ small purple cabbage
One 10 ounce package soba noodles
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons tamari
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1 small red bell pepper, seeded & thinly sliced
1 small carrot, peeled
1 serrano or jalapeno, sliced thin
¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
3 scallions, cut on a diagonal 2 tablespoons roasted peanut, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon fresh Thai basil, roughly chopped
For the Rowdy Belly Dressing (yields 1 cup)
½ cup Rowdy Belly Kombucha
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
⅓ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1 medium carrot, peeled & diced (about ½ cup)
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Make the Rowdy Belly dressing: To a high-speed blender add all ingredients for the dressing. Blend until very smooth. Taste, and adjust seasoning as needed. Transfer to a container and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare an ice bath and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add broccoli florets and cabbage to the water. Let cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the water and transfer to the ice bath. Once veggies are cold, drain the ice bath and set aside.
- Bring the pot of water back to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook according to package directions. Once cooked, drain noodles and run under cold water.
- Transfer noodles to a large mixing bowl. Add sesame oil, tamari, and sesame seeds. Toss to coat.
- Thinly slice the cooked cabbage and red bell pepper. Use a peeler to shave the carrot ribbons.
- Divide noodles between bowls. Top each with broccoli, cabbage, carrots, jalapeno, cilantro, scallions, peanuts, mint, basil, and any other optional toppings you want.
- Drizzle tops with the dressing and serve with Rowdy Mermaid Rowdy Belly