Rowdy Mermaid Blackberry Galette Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes (excludes rest time)
Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
For the Crust
1 ½ cups all purpose flour, spooned & leveled
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
¾ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold & cut into ½-inch pieces
For the Blackberry Blueberry Filling
3 cups fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch (or flour)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg
2 tablespoons heavy cream
Turbinado sugar for topping (optional)
Rowdy Mermaid Ashwagandha Blackberry Adaptogen Tonic
- Make the crust: To a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, rosemary, sugar, salt, and thyme. Turn to low and mix to combine.
- Scatter the frozen butter cubes over the flour mixture. Turn to medium-low and mix until the butter is pea-size. Slowly stream in 5 tablespoons of ice-cold water and mix until just combined.
- Remove dough from bowl and shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until cold and firm to the touch.
- When ready to bake, make the filling: To a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the filling. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove chilled dough from the fridge and place on a lightly floured work surface. Roll into a 12-in round that’s ¼-in thick. Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with the fruit mixture, then fold the edge of the pastry over the fruit, pleating as you work to make a circle.
- Make the egg wash: To a small mixing bowl add the egg and heavy cream. Whisk until combined.
- Brush the edges of the pastry dough with the egg wash, and sprinkle sparkling sugar over crust and filling. Refrigerate galette until firm, 20-30 minutes.
- Place in oven and bake until crust is a deep golden brown and the filling starts to bubble, about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a baking sheet to cool. May be eaten warm, or fully cooled. Serve with whipped cream or ice-cream and Rowdy Mermaid Ashwagandha Blackberry Adaptogen Tonic.