Director, Food Service Sales
Take the Deeper Dive.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe life is too short to stay at the shallow end of the pool! We believe in the power of sustainably sourced, functional plant-based medicine. We meld art with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly beverages infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. We’re obsessive about ensuring every ingredient has a purpose and every flavor creates a refreshingly rowdy experience. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
Rowdy Mermaid is seeking a Director of Food Service Sales to join the Rowdy team based at our Boulder, CO office. This position will call on your strategic skills and strong relationships to develop and build our foodservice and away-from-home channels. This shall include designing business development plans and sales forecasts, establishing relationships with key national and regional customers and collaborating on new products for future growth. You will report to the VP of Sales, and will work collaboratively with the VP and other departments to build long-term strategies and networks that deliver on revenue, trade and profit goals.
- Oversight of all facets of foodservice and away-from-home channels
- Design and execute channel strategy
- Oversee all brokers, distributors and accounts
- Leverage fact based analysis to manage assigned channels. Establish measurements and goals for an ambitious go-to-market strategy, supported by a comprehensive, analytically grounded sales approach.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering sales analysis, sales planning, and any required business analytics.
- Evaluate existing distribution networks and make adjustments that support channel strategies
- Lead evaluation and implementation of broker and team strategies.
- Contribute to internal pricing, pack and innovation meetings that improve channel offerings.
- Identify and participate in regional trade associations, events or networking opportunities that improve Rowdy’s channel position.
- Prospect and close regional and national distributors that most closely align with Rowdy strategies and meet operator targets.
- Responsible for negotiation, administration and management of contracts.
- Develop distributor training programs and distributor rep incentives that drive growth.
- Strategically analyze participation with distributor marketing programs.
- Develop strong relationships with key national and regional chains and establish new business.
- Identify and secure local and regional accounts that drive velocities within operators.
- Serve as the primary source to resolve overall issues related to pricing, products, inventory or service between Rowdy and all customers / stakeholders
- Minimum 7 years experience in foodservice or away-from-home channels
- Demonstrated experience with understanding the channel and routes-to-market including non-commercial and foodservice operators (i.e. business & industry, college & university, fast casual, hospitality, travel, etc.)
- Strong command of distributor negotiations
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally across marketing and operations teams
- Excellent relationship building skills with both internal and external partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project & process management experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in marketing or business
- Existing relationships with regional and national distributors, large leverage operators (LLO’s), contract management groups (CMG) and group purchasing organization (GPO) decision makers
- Passion and experience with functional chilled beverages and CPG
- Has a love for natural products, keeps pace with the industry, and champions brands
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Unlimited PTO Plan
- Sick Time
- 2.5 weeks of Holiday Pay
- Paid day off for your Birthday
Pay Range: $95,000-$150,000
Job Classification: Exempt/Salary-Paid
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org