HR and Culture Manager
Come join the leading functional beverage brand and make wellness deliciously irresistible.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe life is too short to stay at the shallow end of the pool. We believe in the power of sustainably sourced, functional plant-based medicine. We meld art with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly beverages infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. We’re obsessive about ensuring every ingredient has a purpose and every flavor creates a refreshingly rowdy experience. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
When you join the Rowdy crew, you’ll receive 100% paid medical coverage for yourself, and coverage options are available for your family (including fur-babies). We offer a generous PTO package including 2.5 weeks of holidays, a casual work environment, and your home fridge will always be stocked with delicious Rowdy Mermaid beverages.
Rowdy Mermaid is seeking a motivated self-starter for the role of HR and Culture Manager. You will join a growing and passionate team of professionals at our manufacturing and business offices in Boulder. In this Human Resources role, you will engage with employees from recruitment through advancement while working to foster a passionate and productive environment. You will unify the current and future team around company values, and create a diverse and inclusive community with high employee-engagement. The People, Systems and Culture Manager is an HR generalist who manages various HR functions according to Colorado State and Federal employment laws. This role is responsible for encouraging and building trust and inclusivity among employees and building long term employee retention. This role reports directly to the CEO, and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the internal HR expert and provide guidance to management on employment law, internal company policies, and procedures
- Assist employees with disputes and lead outreach to existing HR consultants and legal teams
- Assist with employee termination process and conduct exit interviews
- Ensure company employment signage is up to date and properly displayed
- Work closely with company leaders to ensure the company has competitive compensation and benefit plans that position us to obtain and retain the best possible team
- Manage workers compensation, hour compliance and time clocks, payroll (ADP) and research and advise on insurance matters
- Purchase office equipment, load software, and control account logins for various software including ADP, Google, Gmail, Dropbox, MS Office.
- Assist in administration of benefits including annual open enrollment and new hire enrollment
- Lead recruitment for various roles in manufacturing and business functions: develop and post job descriptions, review incoming applications, conduct initial screens, and conduct reference checks
- Develop ongoing recruitment and candidate-sourcing plans that build a diverse team
- Lead onboarding and train incoming employees on general company systems and culture
- Elevate the onboarding process to increase employee engagement by identifying and implementing new onboarding tools, and work with Marketing to develop useful collateral
- Identify and lobby for new benefits that deepen engagement, culture and employee retention
- Identify and/or lead employee trainings to encourage an atmosphere of openness, diversity and inclusion
- Coach employees through transitions, and through peer and role challenges
- Identify and implement perks and rewards for Rowdy-versaries for tenured employees
- Assist in crafting and planning outings and team building activities, including quarterly trail cleanup, holiday parties, etc.
- Participate in employee led WTF (What the Fun!) committee to ensure activities are acceptable and within budget
- Coordinate and prepare for quarterly All-Tails meetings including travel plans for out of state teams
- Update employee break room signage and monitor suggestion boxes to improve employee engagement
- Keep a pulse with the entire team to build relevant programs that further engage employees, develop passion, build a cohesive team, and create an awesome best-in-class workplace
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- HR experience with both manufacturing and non-manufacturing roles
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- 3+ years of related People + Company Culture experience
- Strong knowledge of local, state (Colorado) and federal labor laws
- Keen technical knowledge and ability to manage HR and Goals software such as ADP
- Experience in creating and implementing strategic and impactful HR initiatives
Keen understanding of leading People and Culture theories and practices
- Passion and experience with functional chilled beverages and CPG
- Experience with ADP
- Has a love for natural products, keeps pace with the industry, and champions brands
- Experience with a high-growth emerging brand
Submit cover letter explaining why you should be our next mermaid, with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com and indicate HR and Culture Manager in the subject line.