Office & Customer Support Manager
Come join the leading functional beverage brand and make wellness deliciously irresistible.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe life is too short to stay at the shallow end of the pool! We believe in the power of sustainably sourced, functional plant-based medicine. We meld art with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly beverages infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. We’re obsessive about ensuring every ingredient has a purpose and every flavor creates a refreshingly rowdy experience. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
When you join our team, you’ll receive 100% paid medical coverage for yourself, and coverage options are available for your family (including fur-babies). We offer a generous PTO package including 2.5 weeks of holidays.
Rowdy Mermaid is seeking a professional, effective and friendly Office & Customer Support Manager to manage daily operations with the internal Rowdy team, vendors, guests and customers. This office-based role is responsible for maintaining a welcoming and productive environment that the team can thrive in, delivering a positive experience to customers in all interactions, and supporting both the marketing and sales teams as needed. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet all guests in a friendly and professional manner while building excellent relations with regular vendors; manage daily visitor log
- Answer all incoming calls professionally and route accordingly
- Sort and distribute mail and packages
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies and office snacks within budget; regularly seek out cost-savings and evaluate purchasing agreements
- Record and maintain all office systems and equipment, including cleaning services, phone, internet, plant-maintenance, etc.; research and recommend enhanced services as needed
- Create and distribute cards for employee birthdays, “rowdy-versaries”, etc.
- Assist with general office errands, various administrative tasks and projects as needed
- Help organize events or meetings as needed, including travel planning, arranging catering, preparing documents, arranging rooms, etc.
- Responsible for overall appearance, function and daily clean-up of shared spaces, including reception area, conference rooms, break rooms, and kitchen to include end-of-day dishes and emptying trash
- Complete the Environmental Monitoring Log weekly for shared spaces
SALES & MARKETING SUPPORT
- Manage a part-time Fulfillment Associate to fulfill sample, swag and DTC merchandise orders; serve as backup or added support as needed
- Conduct monthly inventory counts of sample product and merchandise; reconcile with accounting team
- Work closely with DTC team to provide best-in-class service for ecommerce orders; be primary point of contact for order inquiries, returns, complaints, etc.
- Provide support for marketing as needed, including orders or reorders of swag and materials, researching new vendors, distribution of materials, etc.
- Oversee product donations and coordinate logistics for donations, events
- Provide support to sales team as needed, including managing vendor portals, assisting with new item or new customer set-up, onboarding new partners, etc.
- Answer phone calls, inbound emails, website and social media inquiries regarding product and customer questions. Handle directly or route communications to the appropriate team member
- In daily interactions be equipped to discuss Rowdy Mermaid’s brand positioning, product quality, points of difference, brand innovation, and core values
- Relay customer and market feedback to sales, marketing and QA teams
- Respond directly to customer complaints; and/route product issues to QA/QC Manager
- 1-2 years of administration, office management or sales/marketing support
- A positive, professional attitude
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to engage across the organization
- Excellent computer skills including Google Suite (mail and calendars) and MS Office products
- Ability to keep up in a multi-faceted environment
- Organized and self-motivated
- Ability to operate office machines including phones, copier, printer and scanner as necessary
- Ability to maintain office machines (trouble-shooting and scheduling maintenance as needed)
- Effective problem-solving
- Must have good driving record and be able to travel up to 10% locally
- Passion and experience with functional chilled beverages and CPG
- A love for natural products, keeping pace with the industry, and championing brands
- Experience with Shopify and ShipStation
- Experience with a high-growth emerging brand
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 4:30
Location: This role is based in our office in Boulder, CO.
Compensation: $45,000 to $50,000
Submit cover letter explaining why you should be our next mermaid and resume to email@example.com and indicate Office Manager in the subject line.