Come join the Rowdy Mermaids.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe in the power of sustainably sourced, functional plant medicine. We meld art with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly Kombucha and Sparkling Tonic beverages infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. We’re obsessive about ensuring every ingredient has a purpose and every flavor creates a refreshingly rowdy experience. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
Rowdy Mermaid is seeking a Packaging Supervisor to join the Rowdy team based at our Boulder, CO office. This position is responsible for a wide range of tasks and responsibilities with the purpose of securing the output of our non-alcoholic kombucha and tonic products. Rowdy Mermaid operates a Food Manufacturing facility and has a responsibility to strictly adhere to FDA cGMPs and SOPS all employees must be dedicated to maintaining a clean, safe, and sane workplace. All employees of Rowdy Mermaid must help the company build a culture of respect and have a mindset of continual improvement. For packaging, this translates to, but is not limited to the following tasks.
- Supervising the packaging team in the task of canning and kegging of our products
- Overseeing day to day Packaging team details including-
- Daily team organization and tasking.
- Ensuring the packaging team’s strict adherence to Rowdy Mermaids SOP’s.
- Championing and facilitating the packaging teams constant progress of training in all SOPs related to their job.
- Working with the Production Manager to develop strategies to deal with day to day personnel issues, time off, and sick leave
- Working with the Production Manager to keep the packaging team members working towards their goals.
- Enforcing Rowdy Mermaid’s personal hygiene policy including uniform adherence, piercings, and perfumes
- Managing the state of order and cleanliness of the packaging area within the Rowdy Mermaid facility.
- Ensuring all packaging paperwork is filled out neatly, accurately, and completely
- Daily packaging logs
- Inventory logs
- Packaging departments cleaning logs
- Assisting the Production Manager in month end Inventory in regards to packaging supplies
- Working with the Production Manager on packaging team reviews and goal setting
- Understanding the operations of all packaging equipment including basic day to day troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot common canning line issues.
- Understand and helping in preventive maintenance
- Execute the cleaning schedule of the canning line and other packaging equipment
- Understand all general brewery and packaging specific SOPs
- Ensuring the safe operation of forklift, pallet jack, pumps, filters, hoses, and any equipment especially when related to Packaging.
- Help provide a positive atmosphere for production staff. This includes:
- Maintaining positive attitude and setting a good example for the packaging team to model
- Be the point person for personnel issues when related to Packaging staff and work with HR on resolution when appropriate.
- Be a pillar and model of Rowdy Mermaid’s company values and an advocate for the brand.
- Excellent understanding of the canning process including the details and variables involved in the canning a carbonated product
- Experience leading a team
- Minimum 2 years experience operating a canning line
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Great people skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods as needed
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs on a regular basis
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- 401K Retirement plan
- Pet Insurance
- 2 Weeks PTO
- Sick Time
- 2.5 weeks of Holiday Pay
- Paid day off for your Birthday
- RTD Eco pass
- Boot allowance - $80.00
- Pay Range: $22.00-$23.00/ hour
- Job Classification: Enter Hourly or Salary Information
- Schedule: Monday-Friday – 1st shift- 8 hrs/day
* Please note that this is an FDA facility and removable facial piercings, excessive makeup and perfumes, etc are not permitted on the production floor. Wearing of hairnets, long pants and safety toed shoes, as well as personal cleanliness and uniforms are strictly enforced.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org