Come join the cleaner, crisper corner of the kombuchaverse.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe that kombucha should be as delicious as it is good for you. That's why we created the first line of non-alcoholic, low-acid kombucha infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. This is art melded with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly beverages. We are freaks and foragers at heart who are obsessed with what we do. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
Rowdy Mermaid is seeking a Packaging Technician to join the Rowdy team based at our Boulder, CO office. This position is responsible for a wide range of tasks and responsibilities with the purpose of securing the output of our number one product: Non-alcoholic kombucha. Because Rowdy Mermaid Kombucha operates a Food Manufacturing facility and has a responsibility to strictly adhere to FDA cGMPs and SOPS all employees must be dedicated to maintaining a clean, safe, and sane workplace. All employee’s of Rowdy Mermaid Kombucha must help the company build a culture of respect and have a mindset of continual improvement. For packaging, this translates to, but is not limited to, the following tasks.
- Canning and Kegging Kombucha
- Cleaning Kegs
- Communicate with managers regarding any issues
- Keep accurate records
- Maintain production, inventory and cleaning logs
- Understanding of canning line operations
- Ability to troubleshoot common canning line issues
- Know the cleaning schedule of the canning line as well as all other packaging equipment
- Understand and help in preventive maintenance
- Understand all general brewery and packaging specific SOPs
- Understand cGMPS for the Rowdy Mermaid facilities, especially where packaging is concerned
- Operation of forklift, pallet jack, pumps, filters, hoses, and any equipment related to packaging in a safe manner
- Maintain overall cleanliness of production facility
- Understand chemical regimes and processes for all cleaning procedures
- Maintain order of all packaging equipment and materials including but not limited to cans, cases,, labels, and pallets
- Know and maintain weekly/monthly/quarterly cleaning schedules for packaging equipment
- Proper storing of equipment
- Help provide a positive atmosphere for production staff
- Help in all factory audits
- Gain an understanding of the kombucha brewing process
- Gain and maintain an understanding of company values
- Be an advocate for the brand
- Must be able to stand for extended periods as needed
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs on a regular basis
- Must maintain a positive attitude
Hourly Rate: $15.00 - $16.00 based on previous experience
Full Time: 40 hours a week with the possibility of overtime on occasion
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, PTO, Holiday Pay, and RTD Bus Pass after an introductory period.
Submit resume to Kreig@rowdymermaid.com