Southern California Field Marketing Associate
Posting date: November 2021
Come join the leading functional beverage brand making wellness a delicious adventure.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe life is too short to stay at the shallow end of the pool! We believe in the power of sustainably sourced, functional plant-based medicine. We meld art with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly beverages infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. We have a line of nine Kombucha beverages and four Adaptonic sparkling immunity tonics. We’re obsessive about ensuring every ingredient has a purpose and every flavor creates a refreshingly rowdy experience. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
When you join our team, the first of the month after 90 days, you’ll receive 100% paid medical coverage for yourself, and coverage options are available for your family (including fur-babies). We offer a generous PTO package including 2.5 weeks of paid holidays.
Rowdy Mermaid is seeking a full-time Southern California Field Marketing Associate to create impactful connections through education, events, field marketing, and store visits. The primary goal is to build brand visibility, educate and create excitement for Rowdy Mermaid in Southern California with a “boots on the ground” presence at events, in-store, and places where our consumer lives, works, shops, studies and plays. This role is part of our marketing team with overall responsibilities to build brand image, drive trial, grow awareness, develop word of mouth, and stimulate sales within the Southern California region. This is a field-based role, with 90% of your time being spent at events, demos, or in stores, interacting with current and potential customers and product users. This person must present Rowdy Mermaid in an engaging, friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
EVENTS AND GUERILLA SAMPLING
- Identify events and strategic partners for brand activations and sampling (goal 4 per month). Assist Marketing Manager with vetting the opportunities (yoga studios, pop up events, music and film festivals, wellness events, retreats, corporate or college campuses activities, etc) where sampling and surprise-and-delight opportunities exist to build brand awareness.
- Assist in creating highly customized and memorable event/sampling experiences aligned with sales goals and in support of lead generation.
- Set up and break down all events with tables or booth materials and samples as needed.
- Interact with and educate current and prospective customers to build brand awareness and sales.
- Deliver flawless premium execution at all events.
- Capture local video and photo content that can be used via social media channels.
- Seed product as needed with prospective local influencers or ambassadors.
STORE VISITS AND RETAIL SAMPLING
- Regularly visit targeted retail and foodservice accounts, drop off Swag and develop relationships with key retailers, buyers and staff.
- Educate staff and customers with key points of differentiation to encourage product sales on each store visit.
- Initiate, plan, and execute 1-6 retail demonstrations per week at key accounts.
- Maintain relationships with third party vendors and venues
- As the CA market develops, assist Marketing Manager in recruiting, hiring, training and managing a team of dedicated Brand Ambassadors who fit the Rowdy profile.
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to ensure materials are created, shipped, and organized in advance of needs.
- Create engaging, positive, educational and memorable experiences around the brand for consumers and partners.
- Provide weekly recaps on stores visited, store personnel contacts, observations and opportunities.
- Provide regular recommendations and feedback about program development and execution to the Marketing Manager.
- 2-3 years of field marketing or territory management experience, with deep understanding of in-store retail demos and execution.
- Strong familiarity of local community and events.
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation and training abilities.
- Ability to travel frequently in the market and occasionally to national events / meetings; ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Reliable and outgoing personality is a must.
- Proficiency with Asana, Drop Box and Google Suite.
- Clean driving record and reliable vehicle.
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 40 pounds, and able to stand on feet for 4+ hours at a time.
- Ability to store event materials and refrigerated products.
- Amazing attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple events.
- Experience in the direct line management of part time contracted ambassadors.
- Knowledge of Whole Foods Market Vendor and Reporting Portal.
- Self-starter who is driven and committed.
- Passion and experience with functional chilled beverages and CPG.
- Has a love for natural products, keeps pace with the industry, and champions brands.
- Experience with a high-growth emerging brand.
Email your resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter explaining why you should be our next Mermaid to email@example.com