Strategic Accounts Manager
Come join the leading functional beverage brand and make wellness deliciously irresistible.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe life is too short to stay at the shallow end of the pool. We believe in the power of sustainably sourced, functional plant-based medicine. We meld art with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly beverages infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. We’re obsessive about ensuring every ingredient has a purpose and every flavor creates a refreshingly rowdy experience. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
When you join our team, you’ll receive 100% paid medical coverage, and coverage options are available for your family (including fur-babies). We offer a generous PTO package including 2.5 weeks of holidays.
Rowdy Mermaid is seeking a bright, experienced and highly motivated Strategic Accounts Manager to manage a portfolio of existing and prospective accounts. This role will drive profitable growth and scale Rowdy Mermaid with existing distributors and national natural accounts, while identifying and penetrating strategic new accounts. This role works across conventional, natural, grocery and club channels. This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated strategic thinking, and deep knowledge of the retail and distribution landscape. The Strategic Accounts Manager reports to the Director of Sales and interacts regularly with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing. Preference will be given to candidates who reside in Boulder/Denver-metro, but we will consider candidates based anywhere in the US near a major airport. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Develop annual business plans with existing national retailers and distributors to support and accelerate profitable growth within trade guidelines
- Work closely with Rowdy sales and marketing teams to ensure flawless program execution and capitalize on all selling opportunities that require regional/field support
- Understand current business trends and monitor sales to ensure Rowdy Mermaid is properly positioned in existing retailers and distributors
- Manage inventory ensuring execution at retail, minimizing voids, spoils and out of stocks. Engage sales team on current inventory levels, upcoming shipments and forecasts based on needs for increased business and promotional activity.
- Build and manage sustainable profitable relationships that position Rowdy Mermaid as a total functional beverage brand; engage the Director of Sales and VP of Sales as needed to enhance relationships
- Responsible for demand planning, promotional execution, effective communication of SOPs and data analysis to support and grow distribution
- Leverage experience and relationships to secure meetings with new strategic accounts
- Build strategic and tactical plans with the ability to effectively communicate with partners and execute at retail
- Negotiate with and hire a highly effective broker network to support expansion
- Develop impactful relationships with prospective retailers, leading to increased distribution
- Develop annual business growth, forecasting, sales and promotional plans with new retailers and distributors
- Evaluate all routes-to-market to identify the most strategic distribution model for all parties
- Lead all new retailer onboarding and launches
- Engage with home office via regularly scheduled calls and team tools to share market data
- Collaborate on targets, approach and best practices with sales and marketing teams
- Participate in trade shows as needed
- Identify account marketing opportunities and work with marketing team
- 5+ years of progressive experience in CPG sales
- Direct experience leading UNFI, KeHE, Whole Foods and Sprouts relationships and programs
- Experience managing relationships with at least two additional national retailers like Target, Kroger, Safeway/Albertsons and Costco
- Demonstrated experience managing channel strategy, and multiple routes-to-market including direct business, UNFI, KeHE and DSD
- Excellent internal and external relationship-building skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Passion and experience with functional chilled beverages and CPG
- A love for natural products, keeping pace with the industry, and championing brands
- Experience with a high-growth emerging brand
- Resides in Boulder/Denver-metro
- Keen understanding of syndicated data (SPINS, Nielsen) and Crownanalytics
- High proficiency with MS Office, Dropbox, Google Suite
Submit cover letter explaining why you should be our next mermaid, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com and indicate Strategic Accounts Manager in the subject line.