Maintenance Lead Technician
Come join the Rowdy Mermaids.
At Rowdy Mermaid, we believe in the power of sustainably sourced, functional plant medicine. We meld art with science to produce easy-to-drink, delicious, family-friendly Kombucha and Sparkling Tonic beverages infused with functional botanicals, herbs and mushrooms. We’re obsessive about ensuring every ingredient has a purpose and every flavor creates a refreshingly rowdy experience. We honor nature, lean into science, daringly push boundaries, and aim to be neighborly with our geographic and virtual communities. We are proudly based in Boulder, Colorado.
The Maintenance Lead Technician is responsible for a variety of different tasks and programs. This includes but is not limited to preventative maintenance for equipment, being the point of contact for contractors and our landlord, helping install all new equipment, coordinating with other department heads to schedule routine maintenance for the facility and equipment, and supervising a maintenance team. The role is a multi-faceted job and requires good organization and multitasking abilities.
- Scheduling, performing, and documenting all Preventative Maintenance.
- Performing and documenting all equipment repairs.
- Being the primary point of contact for all contractors involved in facility upgrades, repairs, and maintenance. Including facility trash service, contractors, internet service providers etc.
- Perform small in-house construction, electrical and plumbing repairs, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Working with the Senior Director of Manufacturing to install all new equipment.
- Managing and maintaining Rowdy Mermaids tools and maintenance cage.
- Ensuring that all equipment SOPs are being followed for the safety of employees and care of the equipment.
- Facilitating the sale of all old unneeded equipment
- Responsible for any facility, utility, maintenance, or equipment-related reporting needed.
- Minimum 1 year experience working on food production equipment
- Minimum 1 year of experience either leading a team or managing projects
- Proficient with all basic hand-tools
- Good understanding of basic electrical and plumbing systems
- Experience with basic construction a plus
- Experience working on equipment specific to beverage canning a plus
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Positive attitude
- Dedication to detail and completion of paperwork
- Excellent people skills
- Managing experience
- Be a problem solver always maintaining an attitude of continual improvement
- Move at a fast, safe pace
- Go above and beyond standard expectations
- Dedication to maintaining a safe work environment
- Participation in company’s Health Insurance (Employer pays 100% of employee with options for family), Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance.
- 401K coming in 2023!
- 2.8 weeks of Holiday Pay
- RTD Eco pass
- Boot allowance - $80.00 towards qualifying work boots
- PTO - 3.33 hours are accrued per payroll giving an annual total of 80 hours for the year
- One free birthday day in the month of your birthday
Start Date: ASAP
Wage: $20-25 / hr.
Time requirement 40hrs per week . Small amount of odd hours, overtime, and weekend work will be needed.
* Please note that this is an FDA facility and removable facial piercings, excessive makeup and perfumes, etc are not permitted on the production floor. Wearing of hairnets, long pants and safety toed shoes, as well as personal cleanliness and uniforms are strictly enforced
Submit resume to email@example.com