Is it just us...or is there something about a good cheese board? It's the perfect appetizer for any occasion! Not only are they beautiful to look at...and delicious to eat...(who doesn't love all things cheese?)...but they're also so fun to put together.
And best of all, they have something for everyone! From different types of cheese to sweet and savory snacks to crackers and cured meats, the best cheese boards leave no one behind.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Sliced serrano ham
Drunken Goat cheese
Sliced baguette and crackers
- Start with the board. Cheese boards are typically assembled on a slate or wooden tray, which may be square, rectangular, or round. Take your pick, any flat surface will work.
- Select the cheeses. Try to include a variety of flavors and textures.
- Add the charcuterie...aka cured meats (Chorizo and Serrano Ham).
- Add some savory. (Olives and pecans).
- Add some sweet. (Date and Pecans)
- Offer a variety of breads. Sliced baguette and a variety of crackers in different shapes, sizes, and flavors.
- Finish it off with some garnishes. This is a great way to give your cheese board a seasonal touch. Use edible flowers, fresh herbs, or additional fruits to give your board the look and feel you want.
- Serve with a Spiced Hibiscus Pulse mocktail or & enjoy!